Knowledge sharing: Vocational education and training in schools in Australia and India
Vocationalisation of school education is of great interest to both Australia and India, with over 1.2 million students in India, and 250,000 senior secondary students in Australia involved. During this webinar, hosted on 14 December 2022, we explored the changing landscape of vocational education in schools. Speakers discussed innovative Australia-India initiatives involving vocational educators and careers education and explored elements of successful vocational education in schools programs discerned by leading school principals and researchers in India and Australia.
- General overview of vocational education and training (VET) in schools in Australia. Speaker: Mike Frost, Mike Frost and Associates
- Professional learning programs for vocational educators in Australia and India. Speaker: Jennifer Star OAM, Director, Asia Education Foundation, Asialink
View the transcript
- Bhakar, K. G. (2019). Policy on vocationalisation of school education as a part of development in India: An analysis. International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews. 6(2), 327-335.
- Circelli, M., & Siekmann, G. (2022). VET for secondary school students: A research synthesis. National Centre for Vocational Education Research.
- Freeman, B. (2021). India’s National Education Policy 2020 and Australia’s education engagement: Key findings from roundtables. Australia India Institute, University of Melbourne.
- Ministry of Human Resource Development. (2020). National Education Policy 2020. Government of India.
- Misko, J., Korbel, P. & Blomberg, D. (2017), VET in schools students: characteristics and post-school employment and training experiences. National Centre for Vocational Education Research.
- Misko, J., Lees, M., & Chew, E. (2021). VET for secondary school students: Insights and outcomes. National Centre for Vocational Education Research.
- Misko, J., Lees, M. & Chew, E. (2021). VET for secondary students: insights and outcomes. National Centre for Vocational Education Research.
- Misko, J., Chew, E. & Korbel, P. (2020). VET for secondary students: post-school employment and further training destinations. National Centre for Vocational Education Research.
- National Centre for Vocational Education Research. (n.d.). Podlet – VET for secondary students. NCVER.
- National Centre for Vocational Education and Research. (2022). VET in schools 2021.
- (For Australia) National VET in Schools data collection.
- Wadia, L. C., & Dabir, N. (2020). Vocational education first. State of the education report for India 2020. Technical vocational education and training (TVET). UNESCO New Delhi Cluster Office.